We all know I’m obsessed with podcasts, and I get asked all the time what my favorite podcasts are. This question overwhelms me because there are SO MANY. Most of my favorite podcasts are in three categories: nerdy health/science, lifestyle/pop culture, and self-help/self-love.
A lot of people still haven’t hopped on the podcast hype, and I think it’s because they don’t realize how many podcasts are out there. There’s something for everyone. And they’re free! There are podcasts about health, fitness, pop culture, sports, science, life, television, murder mysteries….EVERYTHING.
Podcasts are the best because they’re perfect for multi-tasking. I listen while I cook, clean, browse social media, walk to class, drive, and do mindless work. If you haven’t gotten into podcasts yet, I highly recommend you do so. And if you’re reading my blog, your taste is probably similar to mine, so this list can help you get started.
These podcasts are my top picks in the lifestyle/pop culture/self-love categories. I left out my nerdy health and science podcasts for now, but I can always do another post on those later.
I also left out my own podcast, Actually Adultish. Obviously I’m biased and it’s my #1 fave. If you haven’t listened to Actually Adultish yet, do it! We talk about college, dating, relationships, pop culture, health, fitness, social media, and everything in between. You can listen on our website, iTunes, or Stitcher.
- The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast: My Tuesdays suck without this podcast. Lauryn and Michael’s banter gives me life. They’re interesting, smart, witty, and real. If you like watching their Snapchats, you’ll be obsessed with their podcast. They answer listener questions and also bring really interesting guests on the show, and you never really know what you’re gonna get. No topic is off limits, and any special guest is fair game. The Bare Naked Cucumber also makes quite a few appearances, and listening to his cringe-worthy comments is always a must. (If you don’t know about BNC, just listen to the podcast.) We also had Lauryn and Michel on an episode of Actually Adultish, and it was so fun. Listen here!
- Ladies Who Lunch: Ingrid Nilsen has been one of my favorite YouTubers for years, so when I found out she had a podcast, I died. I quickly fell in love with her co-host Cat Valdes, too. Cat and Ingrid discuss serious issues in an approachable way, and they talk about topics most people aren’t willing to discuss in-depth. For example, they have entire episodes about periods, orgasms, racism, breakups, and validation. So real, and so deep.
- LadyGang: Listening to the LadyGang just gets me SO EXCITED FOR LIFE. The hosts are Becca Tobin, Jac Vanek, and Keltie Knight. These ladies are high-energy and total badasses. They’re in the Hollywood scene, but they’re so relatable. They bring on a guest each week to get the scoop on Hollywood life, and then the guest helps them answer listener questions. This podcast is basically just GIRLPOWER in a podcast. I’m obsessed with the people they’ve interviewed so far – Jenni Pulos, Jackie Schimmel, Dina Manzo, Jana Kramer, and Lea Michele, to name a few. They also have a kickass secret Facebook group. Join it.
- The Bitch Bible: Jackie Schimmel literally makes me cry from laughter. She is unapologetically, brutally honest about everything. And I usually agree with all of her opinions, so it’s really satisfying. She’s honestly just the funniest person I’ve ever listened to. Jackie also brings guests on the show, answers listener questions, and talks about her daily life and experiences. She could really talk about anything and I would be entertained. She needs zero backup.
- Almost 30: Krista Williams and Lindsey Simcik are the ideal duo. They vibe together perfectly, and their energy is contagious. You can tell these two are genuinely good people. They make you feel like they’re your best friends. They keep it so real, and they effortlessly flip the switch between deep life talks and hilarious banter. Lindsey and Krista are very witty and super relatable, even though I’m not almost 30. I can’t tell you how many times I say, “YAAAS!” when I listen to their podcast. They talk about what they were like in their young 20s, the best and worst parts of their week, L.A. livin’, and how to navigate being almost 30.
- Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald: Heather McDonald is hilarious. Most of her episodes are in-depth recaps of reality shows like The Real Housewives, so I’m all about it. She also brings on amazing guests from Hollywood, including people who are on the shows she’s discussing. (Also, if you’re a fan of the Housewives, you’ve probably seen Heather in an episode on TV.) After an episode of The Real Housewives airs, I always immediately check to see if a new episode of Juicy Scoop is up. I crave Heather’s sassy commentary.
- Betch Slapped: This podcast is brand new, but it’s already become one of my favorites. This is the perfect way to stay updated on pop culture and current events. These ladies are hilarious, sassy, and smart. They talk about all of the ridiculous drama going down in the U.S. – from the presidential debate to Brangelina’s divorce to Kim Kardashian’s robbery. They also recently did an episode on how to tell if you’re a fuckgirl, which totally caught my interest after our episode of Actually Adultish on how to spot a fuckboy. This is important shit, people.
- PaleOMG Uncensored: Another brand new podcast, but already obsessed. Juli Bauer is one of my favorite people to follow on Snapchat because she’s so hilarious, and her blog is one of my favorites in the world. Juli is another one who KEEPS IT SO REAL. I guess this podcast is in the “health” category based on her episodes so far, but I’m pretty sure she’ll talk about pretty much everything in the future. She writes about food, fitness, fashion, beauty, and everything else on her blog, so I’m assuming we’ll get more of that on the podcast too. Juli is just super interesting and funny and no bullshit, so I like listening to anything she has to say.
- Straight Up with Stassi: You might know Stassi Schroeder from Vanderpump Rules, but you don’t really. You’ll get a way better sense of her personality if you listen to her podcast. She’s also no bullshit, and I admire her openness and honesty about everything. She brings some really interesting guests on the show, like other cast members from Vanderpump Rules, Emma Roberts, and Chad from Jojo’s season of The Bachelorette (you need to listen to that episode!). When it’s Bachelor season, Stassi’s podcast is definitely a must. I love listening to her opinions and commentary on the show – she’s spot-on and always straight-up. (The name of her podcast is very fitting.)
- Mind Body Musings Podcast: Maddy Moon is one of the most inspirational people ever. She makes you feel supported and loved, even if you don’t know her personally, and she brings a ton of amazing, inspiring guests on the podcast for in-depth interviews. Maddy is all about self-care, self-love, and being the best version of yourself. She doesn’t care what society says. Maddy has a lot of episodes dedicated specifically to overcoming certain struggles that might be holding you back, like how to not give a fuck, how to know a relationship isn’t working, how to have a freedom mindset, and more.
- Let It Out with Katie Dalebout: Another one who interviews INCREDIBLE guests each week. Katie’s all about spreading love and inspiration. She brings on guests who have made their mark in the health, wellness, creative, or business world, and she always finds a way to pull out the deep stuff. The real stuff. Katie herself is incredibly inspiring, and her podcast somehow always grounds me. Her book is also a must-read if you’re interested in wellness and self-love!
This list doesn’t even begin to cover all of the podcasts I listen to, but these are definitely my current top picks. I’m always on the hunt for more podcasts though, so let me know your favorites!