Currently having a panic attack because Christmas is almost here. I haven’t had enough time to bask in the holiday season! I feel like this every year, though. There are just so many wonderful things about this time of year, and I can’t get enough. I never will. That’s probably what makes it so special, though. You appreciate things more when they don’t last forever!
I want to honor my favorite holiday with this concise list of 25 reasons why I love Christmas so much. This will be very short and to the point, which is very difficult for me because I could write a novel about this topic. But the Christmas season deserves an appreciation post for all of the magic and wonder it brings me each year, so here it is. One reason for each day of December!
25 Reasons Why I Love Christmastime
- Beautiful Christmas lights are twinkling all around. I finally get to visit places like Eucalyptus Street in San Carlos, Deacon Dave’s in Livermore, and Livermore Lights to see some seriously breathtaking lights!
- Upbeat holiday music is playing everywhere.
- Seasonal drinks are released. Red cups at Starbucks anyone? Plus, it’s EGGNOG TIME!
- It’s finally appropriate to watch Christmas movies all the time.
- PRESENTS! Finding them, wrapping them, giving them, and getting them. In that order.
- It’s time to bake lots of cookies and make gingerbread houses.
- I get to rock my ugly Christmas sweaters.
- Santa hats. All the time.
- Everything is sparkly.
- There are massive Christmas trees out (the Grove, Union Square in San Francisco, etc.).
- Hot cocoa parties!
- I live in oversized sweaters, warm scarves, and fuzzy socks.
- Everyone is in a happy and giving mood! So much love! I love being able to say, “Happy holidays!” to everyone I interact with.
- ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas. (Can it not be called Freeform, please…?)
- I have an excuse to burn holiday-scented candles 24/7. Thank you, Bath & Body Works.
- Every night consists of curling up by the fire with a hot drink.
- I get to decorate every inch of the house.
- I love to pull out the home videos and reminisce on past Christmases.
- Everyone sends adorable Christmas cards! Ugh, so many good memories. Everyone is growing up so fast!
- Holiday parties!
- Red lips, golden lids, and glittery nails.
- Everyone does Vlogmas on YouTube. I love Vlogmas.
- There are cute kittens and puppies in the windows at Macy’s in San Francisco.
- The mall is beautifully decorated and feels really high-class.
- Santa Claus comes to town!
I could go on, but I’ll cap it off at 25 and maybe save some more for next year. What are your favorite things about Christmas?!